Zoldo Alto.- Civetta

Castilla

Hi everybody!
I'm from Spain and i founded this forum searching info about Dolomitti.
We're going on January the 27 to February the 3 to Zoldo Alto, and I'd like having some information about snow, weather, skitours, etc...
Will be anyone of u in Civetta during these days?:B:

I've read something about "Giro della Grande Guerra", and I'd be interested in doing this skitour. Could you give me some advice, internet page, book, etc about this tour?

I'll be in Zoldo Alto (near Civetta, I suposse), and i'd like where and who could i ask about this tour or anoter activities in DolomitSuperSki.

Thaks everyone!
See U & Greetings from Spain. :wink:

P.D I wrote this message in english because i speak only a little Italian, an i thought it'd be better writing in English than writting in Spanish.

P.D. II Por si acaso lo pongo en Español, resumido ;)
Estoy buscando informacion sobre el Skitour "Recorrido de la Gran Guerra", ya que he leido que uno de los puntos de partida es la estación de Civetta, y estaremos alojado en Zoldo Alto del 27/01/07 al 03/02/07.

Me gustaria que me comentarais el estado de la nieve, climatologia, duracion, caracteristicas de este recorrido, ya que pienso que la informacion que me podais dar será de primera mano y muy acertada.
Asi como otros posibles recorridos en todo el DolomitSuperSki.

¿Si alguien estará por alli en esas fechas y le apetece que nos juntemos?

Saludo & Muchas gracias! :)

hola!! :D

jo soy en erasmus en Espana!en LA Coruna..tu de donde eres??

pero en Italia voy siempre a esquiar al Civetta porque es lo mas cerca de mi casa. el sitio es muy bonito y el pueblo muy tranquilo..y tambien es muy cerca al Giro dei 4 passi con mas de 500km de pistas da esquiar!

estuve alli el vierne pasado,antes de volver en espana.. 8--) ahora hai poca nieve pero..

Vince ha detto:
hola!! :D

jo soy en erasmus en Espana!en LA Coruna..tu de donde eres??

pero en Italia voy siempre a esquiar al Civetta porque es lo mas cerca de mi casa. el sitio es muy bonito y el pueblo muy tranquilo..y tambien es muy cerca al Giro dei 4 passi con mas de 500km de pistas da esquiar!

estuve alli el vierne pasado,antes de volver en espana.. 8--) ahora hai poca nieve pero..

Hola!
Yo nací en Soria una pequeña ciudad en el centro de España, estudié en Zaragoza y ahora estoy trabajando en Pamplona (¿Te suenan las fiestas de San Fermin, los encierros de los toros?).

En España suelo ir a esquiar a Pirineos (Astún y Candanchú es lo que más cerca cae de Pamplona) y alguna vez me he pasado a Francia (Gourette, La Mongie).
Este año no hay apenas nieve en los pirineos (10 - 20 cm) :wall: :wall: Todavía no he esquiado a penas :( pero a finales de Enero vamos a ir a Dolomitas con mis compañeros del "Centro Excursionista Soriano" y nos alojaremos en Zoldo Alto, creo que en "la Caminatha".

He estado buscando información sobre las distintas estaciones de los Dolomitas, y me he quedado alucinado!!! :ad: :ad: Tengo unas ganas tremendas de ir alli!! :D
¿Habra nieve suficiente? :perlaneve: ¿Cuales son las rutas, estaciones imprescindibles de ver? Perdona pero no conozco el Giro dei 4 passi, ¿Que es? ¿Donde puedo conseguir informacion de transporte entre estaciones, etc?

Perdona si son muchas preguntas..... :oops: , pero como te digo, me gustaria aprovechar el viaje a tope y tratar de disfrutar al maximo!

Un saludo y muchas gracias por contestar!!

Hi man, welcome on the world's finest mountains.
"Il giro della Grande guerra" is a long run from civetta to Lagazuoi to marmolada, with many skibuses and not too much slopes... You must start early in the morning and eat rapidly at noon if you want to complete it, many taxmen live only with money spent by the grande guerra late skiers...From Zoldo you must go (with a couple of slopes) to the bus stop for Passo Giau, than take the old chairlift to the 5 Torri(beatiful place, if you love cold, ice and shade)then down to the skibus for Passo Falzarego; there take the awful cableway to the Lagazuoi, where starts the Armentarola (my favourite slope along with the Alting in la Villa) that leads you in a magic world for 8.5 km; then you must take a one horse sleigh with a rope attached, the animal skilift, and arrive to San Cassiano, in Alta Badia.From San Cassiano you must go towards Arabba, then from Arabba to Portavescovo (following the Sellaronda red tour, clockwise sense), from Portavescovo to Marmolada Malga Ciapela, where you must find the track for the famous Sottoguda canyon, an incredible place, but snow free on last Christmas, I don't know the situation now. Then from the little village Sottoguda you must take your last skibus and return to Civetta...
Listen to me, don't do that.After all while skiing you can only imagine the grande guerra places, if you read of them before in a a good book. Try to reach a place for entering the Sella Ronda tour, red-clockwise (more difficult)or green-countercockwise, and I beg you'll be satisfied.
Have a good trip, and preach for a little more snow.

doctor vic ha detto:
Hi man, welcome on the world's finest mountains.
"Il giro della Grande guerra" is a long run from civetta to Lagazuoi to marmolada, with many skibuses and not too much slopes... You must start early in the morning and eat rapidly at noon if you want to complete it, many taxmen live only with money spent by the grande guerra late skiers...From Zoldo you must go (with a couple of slopes) to the bus stop for Passo Giau, than take the old chairlift to the 5 Torri(beatiful place, if you love cold, ice and shade)then down to the skibus for Passo Falzarego; there take the awful cableway to the Lagazuoi, where starts the Armentarola (my favourite slope along with the Alting in la Villa) that leads you in a magic world for 8.5 km; then you must take a one horse sleigh with a rope attached, the animal skilift, and arrive to San Cassiano, in Alta Badia.From San Cassiano you must go towards Arabba, then from Arabba to Portavescovo (following the Sellaronda red tour, clockwise sense), from Portavescovo to Marmolada Malga Ciapela, where you must find the track for the famous Sottoguda canyon, an incredible place, but snow free on last Christmas, I don't know the situation now. Then from the little village Sottoguda you must take your last skibus and return to Civetta...
Listen to me, don't do that.After all while skiing you can only imagine the grande guerra places, if you read of them before in a a good book. Try to reach a place for entering the Sella Ronda tour, red-clockwise (more difficult)or green-countercockwise, and I beg you'll be satisfied.
Have a good trip, and preach for a little more snow.

Thanks a lot for your comments Doctor Vic! :clap:
I've been warching these days lots of pics about "Dolomitas", and I agree that they are the world's finest mountains.

I was interested in reading some experience like the one you has told me.
So, do you advice me doing "Sella Ronda tour" instead or "Grande Guerra tour"?

We have booked in "La Caminatha" in Zoldo Alto, so:
Do u know how can we go to Sella Ronda from Zoldo?
Where can i see bus time-table?
Could u sugest any other interesting tour?

Thank you very much! :D
Muchas gracias! :D

michela ha detto:
Castilla,

espera ante de reservar, no hay bastante ...

Por que te quedas en Zoldo? No es mejor Corvara o La Villa?

Hola Michela,

Tenemos ya el viaje organizado para la semana del 27/01 al 03/02 ya que vamos unas 35 personas del club. Centro Excursionista Soriano. Yo he pedido ya mis vacaciones... pero no se si se podría cambiar la zona de alojamiento.
El elegir Zoldo ha sido cosa de los organizadores del viaje y supongo que de la agencia que lo haya gestionado.

No concía la zona de los Dolomitas ni ninguno de los posibles alojamientos. ¿Es mejor zona la de Corvara o la Villa? ¿Cuales son las ventajas? ¿Que me recomiendas?

Ahora solo nos queda rezar para que nieve :perlaneve: :perlaneve: pero comparado con Pirineos seguro que lo que nos encontramos allí será mucho mejor :D
En España para el día 20 parece que se anuncian cambios en el tiempo y posiblemente en esas fechas caiga la gran nevada que estamos esperando....ojalá sea así :clap:

Un saludo & Muchas gracias por todo!

You're welcome, bienvenido!
The grande guerra tour is long and you pass more time on the skibuses than skiing, so I think that you'll enjoy much more the Sella Ronda tour, that's a long run in the four valleys around the Sella group (those speaking an old language, called "ladino", with a "d", not latin...), passing the 4 passes among them (Pordoi, Sella, Gardena, Campolongo);in fact in italian the tour is called "giro dei 4 passi". After entering in it you can take the red direction, counterclockwise, 20.5 km of slopes and a little more lifts, easy, or the red direction, clockwise, longer (24.5 km) and a little more difficult, there are 3 short "walls", but nothing impossible for a normal adult skier. Going fast I spent 3 hours and half for the green one, and 4 hours and 15 minutes for the red one, in good conditions of people traffic on the slopes. You can also be sure that the slopes of Sellaronda tour are always quite perfect. From Zoldo the nearest place to go in is Portavescovo, at Arabba. Take the skibus that goes to Marmolada (you'll find the time-tables at every bus stop, or at the Tourist Information office, or at the Skipass office), through Pescul-Selva di Cadore-Caprile-Sottoguda-Malga Ciapela, this is the last stop and you must get off the bus;take the skilift and then the chairlift to Passo Padon, from where you must go down to Portavescovo: from here you can enter the red tour (going left at the first crossing) or the green one, crossing the road at the end of the slopes and taking the chairlift in Arabba.
In this way it becomes a long run, remember a little legs training and, as we say in my hometown (Bologna) "let's go and no fear!" :D
ciao

Hola amigos!
Hi friends!

Mañana sábado salgo de Zaragoza a Bérgamo y llegaré por la tarde noche a Zoldo!
I'm flying to Bergamo tomorrow, I'll arrive Zoldo in the afternoon.

Ha nevado esta semana, ¿verdad?
Does it snow this week?

En España ha habido temporal y han caido unos 40 cm de media en las estaciones de pirineos.
In Spain there's fallen 40 cm snow average in Pyrinees.

¿Estareis alguien por la zona la semana que viene?
Will be anyone of u near Civetta, Zoldo, etc next week?

Muchas gracias por todo!
:ad:
Estoy deseando llegar a Dolomitas y pasar una gran semana esquiando!! 8--)